User Tag List

Thread: Yellow Nape Amazon

Parrots

Yellow Naped Amazon

Smile Yellow Nape Amazon

Good morning Parrot Community!

I have one concern about my Yellow Naped Amazon. I will be returning full time to work in the next week, which means she would be alone for roughly 9-10 hours. She currently has enough toys which she chews/plays a lot with. Shes also close to my balcony door which means she is able to see outside clearly. Does anyone leave the amazon parrot alone for over 9 hours? How does your bird react alone? I know all parrots are different but I just want to hear from anyone's experience . Thank you!

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-14-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! When I had to leave for periods of time, I left the television on. Cartoons were the favourite. As well, swapping out toys daily will relieve boredom. Do you have someone that could come in to say hi? I know some people that have cameras that are linked to their cell phones so they can check in on their birds.
    How many days a week will you be gone for 9 hours? You can spend extra morning time and evening time with it.