User Tag List

Thread: The Anniversary of Zaffer Entering My Life

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

The Anniversary of Zaffer Entering My Life

As of yesterday, it's been two months since Zaffer left life, and me. Today, April 21, is the 18-year anniversary of meeting him for the first time at the air terminal. That evening, he was flown to me via Delta Airlines from the state of Indiana (where he'd been in boarding for the past year). April 21, 2005 will forever be one of the most cherished days of my life. It was the beginning of so much for us. We quickly developed an inseparable bond and would share many wonderful years together. Zaf needed a home... and I so very much needed him in my life. Acquiring him was the best decision I ever made. He was my perfect companion! I loved him immeasurably

I miss you, Kiddo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1013288.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	5424
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-22-2023)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    What a beautiful picture of Zaffer! I know it’s hard to see any joy while grieving for the loss of Zaffer…but 18 years of happiness and companionship is something worth celebrating as well. It may help, to balance out some of the devastation you are feeling.

4. The following user likes this post:

plax (04-22-2023)