User Tag List

Thread: Support pls

Support pls

I've had my green cheek conure for a few years now and have recently become a college student who us a little hard on cash.

I have been unable to buy more food for my bird for the past few days hes living off of the vegetables and fruit I have leftover in my kitchen and i was wondering if hes allowed any other things such as cooked rice? If so how much.

Same for rice krispies (cereal), biscuits etc. This isnt a prolonged thing it's a one off as my funding has not yet come through.

And please do not accuse me of neglecting my bird like the other forums or recommend that I give him away, hes my best friend hes eating better than I am at the moment and I wouldnt feed him anything i thought might be harmful or leave him without food.
    Thank you.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Is the rice, brown rice? It won’t hurt him to have a little rice until your funding comes through. Vegetables and fruit are even better for it, mix them with the rice. The odd cracker and brown bread toast as well. Do you have a food bank close by that you could try and get some healthy options for your bird?
    No judgment here from me...I appreciate that at least he is cared for and not having to deal with a home change. For future, maybe you can get a few staples together to keep on hand in case of emergency.

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Aenigmatic (09-16-2019), Lady (12-28-2019), PlaxMacaws (09-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Is the rice, brown rice? It won’t hurt him to have a little rice until your funding comes through. Vegetables and fruit are even better for it, mix them with the rice. The odd cracker and brown bread toast as well. Do you have a food bank close by that you could try and get some healthy options for your bird?
    No judgment here from me...I appreciate that at least he is cared for and not having to deal with a home change. For future, maybe you can get a few staples together to keep on hand in case of emergency.
    Its cooked brown rice, I've also heard that rice krispies cereal can be given as a treat so I've gave him some of that thank you for the recommendations I'll keep them all in mind

5. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (09-17-2019)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenigmatic View Post
    Its cooked brown rice, I've also heard that rice krispies cereal can be given as a treat so I've gave him some of that thank you for the recommendations I'll keep them all in mind

Most any grains are good if he'll eat them. Best of luck!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-17-2019), Lady (12-28-2019)