User Tag List

Thread: Welcom Me

Welcom Me

Hi,

I'm a new owner of a Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure, a first time bird owner... and new to this forum!

I got my conure 5 days ago, after a lot of researching. I originally was looking at an Alex (a conure was the first breed I was interested in though).. and when I met this little guy / or girl (awaiting DNA test).... I fell in love.

I'm obviously learning and getting used to his body language etc which is why I'm here, to learn as much as I can!

If anyone has any suggestions as to what their conures favourite toys are -- please let me know! He LOVES my computer.... and I don't really want my buttons chewed off! He actually gets nippy at me when I take him off the keyboard, so I'd love to get something for him that resembles a keyboard and buttons he can chew for his own....

I'm looking forward to reading what people have to say and any tips anyone can offer

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-12-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! My conures like bells and hanging soft toys they can hide under or lean against. As to the keys on your keyboard, what about looking for a baby toys that have buttons and music. I have a toy cell phone that my one bird likes. She can only play with it while supervised. It has flashing lights as the music plays.
    What about getting a straw/wicker basket and filling it with small foot toys, little bells and grapes or another fruit your bird can eat. While you are on the computer you can put this basket on a little table beside you to see if your bird is interested. Change the stuff around so it’s new and interesting.
    Can you post some pics...we love pics!

Thanks mate for reply but No thanks I already have some toys and sure Why not, I'll share some pic but now I'm Outside and the pics in the PC...

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechenic View Post
    Thanks mate for reply but No thanks I already have some toys and sure Why not, I'll share some pic but now I'm Outside and the pics in the PC...
    Hmm... you asked for toy suggestions for your conure that might deter him from your computer's keyboard. Helena (Draonlady2) replied to you with some good ideas and gave you a basis for them. Yet you replied with "No thanks I already have some toys" ... So what exactly were you expecting in response to your initial question?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following user likes this post:

rivx (07-14-2019)