User Tag List

Thread: Abnormal stuffs

Abnormal stuffs

The last few days my bird Tweety had an abnormal sleeping time and feather were
    dropping rappidly.

Sent from my vivo 1802 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! This is the season that parrots are molting (losing some feathers and growing new ones). They tend to be itchy and don’t feel 100 %. If you are concerned, you should always follow up with an avian vet. Don’t wait too long because birds hide their illnesses.
    Hope Tweety feels better.

3. The following user likes this post:

rivx (06-17-2019)

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    Gracie is always sleepy a day or so before her molt and a few days into it. She perks back up long before it's over, though, thankfully. I second what Helena said.

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-17-2019)

My bird has started bleeding in that feather now . Pls help.

Sent from my vivo 1802 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Needs to go to the vet immediately. Birds can bleed to death this way. For now, stop the bleeding by putting flour or cornstarch on it.

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    Honestly just sounds like a broken blood feather -- from all the research I've done, this can be treated at home? That's what I've heard from vets, too. Of course it won't hurt to see a vet but to my knowledge they'll just pull it or stop the bleeding. The bleeding is something to be worried about, though. They can bleed to death. A longer feather like that is at risk of being reopened so pulling it is the most likely route of treatment.