User Tag List

Thread: Gracie won't come out

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda

Gracie won't come out

All in the title! I open the door for her so she can let herself out and she throws a fit screaming and stays there. I give her hours of oppurtunity, but she's just not interested. I know it's her own choice, but I feel awfully sad that she's not getting all the cuddles and playtime she's used to. Do your birds ever choose to spend a few days in the cage? When I close the cage, she calms down and goes back to entertaining her own self. Just as energetic as usual.
    Last edited by rivx; 06-12-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I have a couple of birds that would rather be in their cage. For the one, I stand beside his cage and he will usually step up on my shoulder. What about saving a special treat and toy and placing them across the room to see if she will fly over to it?

3. The following user likes this post:

rivx (06-12-2019)

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    Gracie loves her cage, but she usually loves being on top of it rather than in it, lol. I managed to get her to come stand in the doorway for some millet and scritches, so it halfway worked! Close enough, as long as she feels loved.

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-13-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Are there things for her to play with, eat etc on top of the cage?