User Tag List

Thread: Spider mites!

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda

Spider mites!

We were growing arugula for Gracie. They're at the microgreens stage but we've run into a bit of a spider mite problem! Do we trash it or can they all be cut and cleaned for eating early? I can't think of any bird-safe ways to be rid of them. Thoughts?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I don’t know the answer to that one. If you can cut, wash and find undamaged leaves, I would think it should be fine. If you are worried, maybe your vet can give you advice.

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    I cut of the affected bit and decided to see if the natural dish soap mixed with water would work (since we use it to wash bowls and feel it will be safe once they're done for eating + rinsed) and it actually seems to have gotten rid of them. Moved them inside. Now we just have to take care of the problems outside, they're on just about every plant lol. The only plant out there meant for consuming is a bell pepper/jalepeno for us humans but hopefully I'll figure something out.

4. The following user likes this post:

Lady (07-07-2019)