User Tag List

Thread: Needs some new toys

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda

Needs some new toys

Gracie is overall very gentle on her toys, and much prefers they give her scritches than get all torn up and make a mess in her cage. Some of the toys I bought for her when she first moved in are only just starting to look frayed, if that says anything about her playing habits, lol. She does like her toys though so I want to get her some fresh ones. Especially since we're coming up on her gotcha day in July...which is months away, yes, but I'm excited!

I've noticed over her few years home that she only really chews on natural fiber toys -- everything else is exclusively for head-rubbing and using as a plate. So, what are your 'tiels favorite natural fiber toys?

There has only ever been one toy that she completely destroyed and that was this: https://bonkabirdtoys.com/memorial-d...roduct-reviews so that will be my example toy. I imagine I'll be getting her another one, lol.

This thing is just plain cute. I think this would be a scritches-only toy so I don't think I'll be getting it, but I want to show you all anyways because it's adorable. I want to hang it on my wall. https://bonkabirdtoys.com/bird-toys/...roduct-reviews
    Last edited by rivx; 05-25-2019 at 05:01 AM.

Parrots

Side note, we tend to use quick-links to hang toys in her cage. Thankfully, she doesn't unscrew them and has no interest in doing so, but I noticed many toys of this variety that we have didn't come with one. Are there any other safe ways to hang?
    Last edited by rivx; 05-25-2019 at 03:54 AM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Any toy that your bird will destroy is a good one. There are some links that are spring loaded so they don’t unscrew, creating a hazard. If Gracie doesn’t chew it, a plastic zip tie works as well. I use them to attach things to the side of the cage. I also use natural string/rope to hang things as well.
    I love the toys you have linked...shreddable is always good.

Parrots

Quick update...I got her the monster! Among others, but it's just so cute. She doesn't quite trust this weird little man, but I think they'll be quite good friends. He is, after all, the color of sweet potatoes.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-10-2019), Lady (07-07-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    What a good pic...looks like the monster is peeking over her shoulder. Maybe you can stick a little piece of almond in the hat to get Gracie going.

7. The following user likes this post:

Lady (07-07-2019)