User Tag List

Thread: Pimp my Cage

Threaded View

Parrots

Sargent the cockatiel

Pimp my Cage

Hey, I wasn't sure whether it would be right to put this thread in cages or in accessories but I figured that since the cage is already chosen I'll slam it in here.

My 6 or so month old cockatiel Sargent and I are still stumbling through things as we go, he still refuses to eat veggies (but we'll get there), and I successfully weaned him last month. He's currently experiencing his first molting and a bit back I decided to get him a new cage, a larger one, so he could stretch his wings more while I'm away. To me it feels empty, and I've been easily overwhelmed when looking at cage accessories and toys for him, or generally ways to enrichen his life within the cage. I take him out as often as I can, but currently he refuses to hang out anywhere if not on me or my keyboard which makes my work somewhat difficult.

I'm looking to completely renew his experience in the cage, and find a better solution for a lot of the problems that have arisen, such as the cuttlebone that keeps on falling down. And don't worry, it's normally not that messy at the bottom of the cage, the most of it is seeds he shoogles out of the bowl when he decides to get into it to eat

Do you have any suggestions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-12 10.42.11.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	5303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-12 10.42.12.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	5304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-12 10.42.13.jpg 
Views:	14