User Tag List

Thread: Tips on Helping My Skittish and Somewhat Neglected Female Have Better Life..

Parrots

WhiteFace Pearl-Pied Female Cockatiel 'Princess' & Pied Male Cockatiel 'Charlie'.

Tips on Helping My Skittish and Somewhat Neglected Female Have Better Life..

Self explanatory title. She was Fed well and presumably allowed to free fly by her breeder (I Say this because she is a great flyer- she can fly in circles and land perfectly without hitting anything; While my 8 month old Male hits everything- So much so that I had to have wings clipped) However, it was been confirmed that she was hardly ever handled by humans at all. Hence why I consider her to have been somewhat neglected. She will bite considerably hard if you grab her suddenly and set her on your finger, (I have a pair of leather gloves) once she's there though, she'll usually stay put, especially If Charlie is there with her. She's very skittish, and I'm wondering if any one has any tips on how to give her a better quality of life...?

Oh and I've had her since February 17th.
    Last edited by PrincessTiel X; 04-10-2019 at 03:00 AM.
    Hold Fast to Dreams, For if Dreams Die, Life is a Bird That Cannot Fly~

NOTE: The Above Picture is of My Whiteface Pearl-Pied Female, Princess~ Getting her head scratched, but edited to look like another, Cartoon Tiel is scratching that itch for her, with his foot My handicap makes my fine motor skills poorer than most. I think it's kinda cute, regardless &&The Greenwing Macaw(s) in my Profile Picture is Merely a Dream of Mine! I don't own one

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    One option is to clip her wings as well. It’s temporary until she grows her feathers back and it will slow her down enough so you can work on training her.

Parrots

WhiteFace Pearl-Pied Female Cockatiel 'Princess' & Pied Male Cockatiel 'Charlie'.
    We have before, but they've grown back now.Lol
    Hold Fast to Dreams, For if Dreams Die, Life is a Bird That Cannot Fly~

NOTE: The Above Picture is of My Whiteface Pearl-Pied Female, Princess~ Getting her head scratched, but edited to look like another, Cartoon Tiel is scratching that itch for her, with his foot My handicap makes my fine motor skills poorer than most. I think it's kinda cute, regardless &&The Greenwing Macaw(s) in my Profile Picture is Merely a Dream of Mine! I don't own one

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    The male's flying skills will only improve with practice so hopefully, when he grows his flight feathers and gets his parroty licence back he will fly with the female, tire her out and she will slow down a bit* Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy the fun.

*please note this is only a theory and probably has no bearing on what happens in real life
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-18-2019)