User Tag List

Thread: Eye thing

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda

Eye thing

I'm very unsure what to call it. Maybe a skin tag? Regardless there's a little...thing on Gacy's eye area. It's actually been there for a hot minute, I just thought it was a feather growing in near the eye until today. I'm not sure if it's been there forever or not, I'd have to do some looking at old images. Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3633.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	5291
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	5292

Sorry if it's unclear. It's the little lighter spot there at the upper eyelid.

We have a saline eye drop that was recommended by a vet to us for a mouse with chronic eye troubles, but I'm not sure if she'd benefit from it. Is this anything to worry about?

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-19-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    If you are worried, a vet visit will ease those worries. I would monitor it and watch for any changes.

4. The following user likes this post:

rivx (03-19-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    As Helena has written, it doesn't look a problem at the moment as it is not obstructing vision. If it gets bigger then a visit to the vet would be advisable but otherwise wait until the next check-up visit
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-22-2019)

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    Very strange indeed. It seemed to change position a little and today it's just gone -- suppose whatever it was fell off or something. One less worry for me, then!

EDIT: My bad. Still there! Easy to miss little thing. I do think it'll fall off though as most of it seems to have disconnected from the eye (hence the position change and me not seeing it) so I'm just keeping my eye on it for now to see if it changes in any concerning ways.
    Last edited by rivx; 03-22-2019 at 02:35 PM.

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-22-2019)