User Tag List

Thread: Bonded to Handler or to Mate?

Hybrid View

Parrots

WhiteFace Pearl-Pied Female Cockatiel 'Princess' & Pied Male Cockatiel 'Charlie'.

Bonded to Handler or to Mate?

My Male Pied Tiel is very friendly and people oriented. I'm wondering, will this cause any issues later on with him and his female becoming a bonded pair? I notice they already do squabble a bit, but it's mainly her giving him light pecks to the face. Does anyone have any tips on helping them become a bonded pair? Or is it just something they will or won't do on their own, & it doesn't really matter what Handlers try? I'd love some input. Please note that I AM Going to attempt breeding in the future, no matter what you say to me. My mind is made up. Thanks.
    Last edited by PrincessTiel X; 03-18-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: grammar corrections
    Hold Fast to Dreams, For if Dreams Die, Life is a Bird That Cannot Fly~

NOTE: The Above Picture is of My Whiteface Pearl-Pied Female, Princess~ Getting her head scratched, but edited to look like another, Cartoon Tiel is scratching that itch for her, with his foot My handicap makes my fine motor skills poorer than most. I think it's kinda cute, regardless &&The Greenwing Macaw(s) in my Profile Picture is Merely a Dream of Mine! I don't own one

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Just a question....what will you do if these two end up not bonding?

Parrots

WhiteFace Pearl-Pied Female Cockatiel 'Princess' & Pied Male Cockatiel 'Charlie'.
    @Dragonlady2 I'm keeping them both either way, but my full intention is to try and breed them. If it doesn't work out, so be it, but I'm giving it my best shot.
    Last edited by PrincessTiel X; 03-18-2019 at 11:31 PM. Reason: A Tag
    Hold Fast to Dreams, For if Dreams Die, Life is a Bird That Cannot Fly~

NOTE: The Above Picture is of My Whiteface Pearl-Pied Female, Princess~ Getting her head scratched, but edited to look like another, Cartoon Tiel is scratching that itch for her, with his foot My handicap makes my fine motor skills poorer than most. I think it's kinda cute, regardless &&The Greenwing Macaw(s) in my Profile Picture is Merely a Dream of Mine! I don't own one

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    Some birds just don't like one another, just like how some humans don't get along, so I would say they'll figure out their feelings towards each other on their own. Bonded pairs will be bonded with or without human interaction in my experience, though admittedly it's limited -- more through friends and such than anything.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-20-2019), Mare (03-20-2019)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hello PrincessTiel X! I’ve had, in the past, a bonded pair of cockatiels that laid and hatched a few clutches of eggs. It was a beautiful thing to witness the care and dedication they took with their eggs and each other. Their bond seemed to come at the beginning of their meeting each other but I would say, give yours time, especially since your male is younger than the female.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-20-2019), rivx (03-22-2019)