User Tag List

Thread: Beak too long???

Parrots

1 male White-faced Cockatiel named Domino 1 male Pearl Pied Cockatiel named Yahtzee and 1 male Cockatiel in Heaven named Boo, I love you Boo <3

Beak too long???

Hello! I'm a bit worried about my Cockatiel's beak...
    I'm not 100% sure on how old he is, but he's around 7-8 months old. I don't think he's ever had his beak trimmed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0316191309.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	5289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0316191309c.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	5290
    So this is how his beak looks. Is it too long? Or am I just worrying too much?
    And if it is too long, any advice on how to wear it down naturally? He seems to only want to chew on things he's not supposed to! haha

Thank you in advance!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-16-2019), Dragonlady2 (03-17-2019)

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    It looks fine to me. I believe mine is about the same, if not a little longer.

My girl also isn't a big chewer unless it's food. I think pellets help a bit. Most birds will nibble on cuttlebone as well. We put a bunch of wood, nutriberries, seeds, and cardboard into a dish and she will nibble on the toys in there. It's a fun foraging toy as well.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-16-2019), Dragonlady2 (03-17-2019)

Parrots

1 male White-faced Cockatiel named Domino 1 male Pearl Pied Cockatiel named Yahtzee and 1 male Cockatiel in Heaven named Boo, I love you Boo <3
    Thank you so much! I feel a lot better now I was worried I might have to take him to trim his beak, but I'm glad it looks okay ^_^
    I'll have to try and get him some more wooden toys. He has a hanging toy that has weaved balls and two blocks of wood, but I don't think he really plays with it much. He prefers a plastic hanging toy when he does play with toys.
    Thank you very much again!!!
    (Oh, and your bird is so cute!!!)

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-17-2019), Dragonlady2 (03-17-2019), rivx (03-17-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Don't forget "a busy beak is a happy beak"
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-17-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Don't forget "a busy beak is a happy beak"
    . Unless they are chewing my tv cables.

10. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-17-2019)