User Tag List

Thread: Piling on the grams, a lardy parrot

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.

Piling on the grams, a lardy parrot

Casper has been putting on weight rapidly over the last couple of weeks, no real changes in diet. It looks like boot camp next week... any suggestions?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-15-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Must be the coming of spring. My birds have started eating more as well, however, no weight gain thank goodness. Maybe you can play fetch the bottle with Casper...doesn’t he like playing with plastic bottles?

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Its fun for all the family when Casper plays 'hide the bottle'. He parks it in an unseen corner or behind a chair or under the library steps or behind the log basket. We then have to search and retrieve it because it would be impossible for him to get it out himself he reckons
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

5. The following user likes this post:

rivx (03-16-2019)

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    What a cutie!! When I want Gracie to get her exercise I just pick her up and set her down somewhere I know she doesn't like to be, and she has a lot of those places, lol. She flies herself back to her cage or stand and we can repeat. Of course, if he's target trained, this is a much easier task and probably more enjoyable for him. Grace is a lazy lump of feathers though and we don't want her being too lazy, not good for the laying I hear.