User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, again!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Hello, again!

Hi! I知 an old member but would love to come aboard again. I think I知 ready to rejoin the bird race after losing a major part of my life with Amigo. That was very difficult for me..it took a while to regain my..me. So..I知 looking forward to getting to know new folks and saying hi to my oldies 😊

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2019), Dragonlady2 (03-08-2019), kendrafitz (03-16-2019), Lady (04-28-2019), PlaxMacaws (03-08-2019), Potato (09-01-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi Mare
    Tis a wonderful thing that you are back. We missed you. I can understand how you were affected by Amigo's accident, he was such a full of life little parrot.
    What about Sassy, Chip and Jellybean? Do you have any new birds? I guess you will tell us in your own time
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-08-2019), Mare (03-08-2019), rivx (03-08-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hi Mare, welcome back I’m with Jean-Pierre....how are you and the flock doing?

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2019), Mare (03-08-2019)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hi, Jean-Pierre! First..I want to thank you, Margaret and Casper for my lovely Christmas card!! So thoughtful! Sassy is still sassy as ever, she’s in her barbering mode right now so isn’t looking her beautiful self. She’ll snap out of it soon and be looking good and fully feathered within a couple of months.

I lost sweet Jellybean almost a year ago. So it was down to Chip and July, (Chip’s son), in one large cage. I was feeling sorry for Chip, he lives to be bonded to another but July wasn’t who he had in mind, sooo..I went to the pet store and found two females in itty bitty cages and brought them home for my boys!

Shaggy is doing good, we’ve bonded up but I’m still very careful with him, he’s bit me good and hard a few times. This happens when he gets over stimulated by stuff going on around him. He’s not interested in flying even though we walk a lot around the yard, which is fine with me. I don’t think I could take the stress of another free flyer!

I hope all is well with Casper, I’ll catch up on everyone soon,

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2019), Dragonlady2 (03-08-2019), kendrafitz (03-16-2019), Lady (04-28-2019)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Hi, Helena! Thank you!!

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-08-2019)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hi Mare. Great to see you.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2019), Mare (03-20-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Oh my...I admire your courage around a ‘toos beak. Happy to hear that you still have Shaggy, but sorry to hear about Jellybean. Are you planning/hoping to have more cockatiel babies?

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2019), Mare (03-20-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi Mare, welcome back. Good to see you.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-13-2019), Mare (03-20-2019)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Oh my...I admire your courage around a ‘toos beak. Happy to hear that you still have Shaggy, but sorry to hear about Jellybean. Are you planning/hoping to have more cockatiel babies?
    Raising baby cockatiels from hatch was truly a rewarding experience, July, (the baby that hatched the day I lost Amigo), I still have and he is still the only one of my ‘tiels that comes to me and loves to hang with me. I’ve thought about doing it again, because it is pretty special, just not yet. Without me setting out a nesting box, I don’t think there will be much settling in to raise a family going on.

18. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-20-2019)

hello