User Tag List

Thread: Help me give this lovebird a home

Help me give this lovebird a home

Hi,

I'm from the UK but currently living in South Korea. The supermarkets here also sell animals, though they receive pretty bad treatment (worse than chain pet stores, as you can imagine). I came across a lovebird in a store that doesn't usually have birds. It seems someone requested/custom ordered it in, but then changed their mind. This shop does not have a clue how to care for it. It's isolated in the back corner of the store, surrounded by boxes and crates, in a dirty cage with a price tag of nearly $300. It's been in these conditions for over a month. I visit it every week, hoping it will be purchased and gone, but that price tag is keeping him there.

I've loved birds for around 2 years. I debated between getting a lovebird and some other breeds, which is why I don't have one yet. I was really unsure until I met this guy. I feel like we've already bonded, he's so intelligent and delighted to see me every time. I feel like I've found 'the one' for me, and he deserves a better life than what he's in currently. But that cost is just too high. I've set money aside to buy him, but it falls short. My friend suggested a gofundme, so we put one together. Any help you could provide would mean the world to me. If you have any questions or advice, please let me know. Thank you.

Link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-resc...lovebird-korea

PS: I'm collecting materials in my house to build a play zone for him. If I manage to rescue him, I'll build it and post it here.

PS2: My goal is to raise $250, because I will need everything a bird needs, (cage, food, perches, toys) as well as a vet check.
    Once I hit $150, I will buy the bird (cage, food, etc.). The further $100 will go towards a vet check-up, and any treatments he may need.
    If I don't raise $150, or the bird is sold, I will donate the total money received to the World Parrot Trust charity.
    Last edited by LovebirdsNeedLove; 09-24-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I wish you the best in getting this lovebird. Generally, we don’t support “go fund me’s” on this forum. What about creating a contract with the pet store for the lovebird. Weekly or monthly payments might work.

This has been resolved now, so please delete this thread.
    I instead contributed what I could to a friend so they could buy and raise the bird. A happy ending!

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-06-2020)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Great news!