User Tag List

Thread: Re Homing Sun Conure in Arizona

Parrots

Sun Conure

Re Homing Sun Conure in Arizona

Hi im new to this forum and do not want to be judged because I know there is a lot of judgment with people rehoming birds because they simply "dont have the time", etc. However that is not the case, I love my sun conure to death and cant even believe I have to think about rehoming him but I have developed a serious medical/allergy issue due to his dust/mites he has on his feathers. I have had him for almost 9 years and after months and months of me not feeling well, I went to the doctor and they told me I have developed a throat dysfunction from being exposed to his allergens. Im 19 years old and this bird has been my childhood pet. I cant imagine my life without him but it is not fair to keep him because I cant cuddle, sleep, be with him as much anymore because of the allergens. I simply cannot give him the love he has gotten in the past and deserves because it flares up my asthma/allergies. If anyone is interested in the phoenix or arizona area please let me know. I only want him to go to a home I know is a good fit. This breaks my heart to do this but it isnt even a choice, i cant keep him with my breathing/throat problems. If you or anyone you know would be interested please respond back, i want what is best for him. Thank you.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I'm sorry for you both. Your right you have to do what's best for both of you. I hope it all works out.