User Tag List

Thread: Ink on Feet

Parrots

Cockatiel

Ink on Feet

I had a pen disaster yesterday. A pen leaked and the ink got all over me, my white sweater, my white desk, my pen holder and as I just noticed the next day, my cockatiels feet. Boo must have stepped in the ink yesterday when I wasn't looking and proceeded to leave little spotted prints all over my desk. Looking at the bottoms of his feet, he has some little dried blue spots. He hates his feet being touched (since it usually means toe nail clipping time) but I am concerned about the ink soaking into his skin. The pen was a colorful bright blue one from the Dollar Tree (I've used these many times before and they've never leaked until now). The ink isn't permanent but as it stands, I wasn't able to get it out of my sweater or the pen holder, and there is still a little staining on my skin. This ink is tougher than I thought and I don't want to hurt Boo by roughly scrubbing his little feet. But at the same time, I don't want to harm him by leaving it. He isn't that into baths, especially this time of year when it is so cold, so washing it off that way isn't really an option. I could try wiping it off with a wet rag but I'm unsure of how much that will really help with this tough ink. Any ideas? I really appreciate any response. The brand of pen is Promarx - TC Ball.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I’m not sure it matters unless Boo is chewing on his feet. It will probably wear off the more he moves around.

3. The following 2 users like this post:

PlaxMacaws (02-17-2019), Quakerella (02-19-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Dilute some bicarbonate of soda (baking powder) in warm water, fill a saucer with it then hold Boo so that his feet are in the water. Then swaddle Boo in a towel to dry feet. Do this while being totally unstressed yourself so that you are not transmitting negative vibes. It probably wont work because a good soak is needed, it just depends how water-based the ink is.
    Feel free to ask for other rubbish ideas when he breaks free and sprays coloured water all around the room

Margaret has just pointed out that you now have a Blue Footed Boo-by
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 02-16-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

5. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-17-2019), Lady (02-27-2019), PlaxMacaws (02-17-2019), Quakerella (02-19-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    You could try using a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball if he will let you. Rubbing alcohol does not leave a residue and will evaporate at room temperature. To be 100% sure a little rinse will not hurt.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-20-2019), Dragonlady2 (02-20-2019)