User Tag List

Thread: Hi!

Hi!

My name is Nick, I'm an Aussie and I have 5 birds currently. Well 5 and one chick. 4 budgies live outside in an avairy ( tracer, opal, buddy and Barbara) with one rainbow lorikeet (kiwi) living inside. There is also one chick ( 14 days no name yet) who belongs to tracer and buddy and is their only chick this year. I have bred very few budgies and in recent years researched in depth the consequences of breeding parrots and how safe their homes and up being once being adopted or sold out. This is leading me to begin looking at adopting birds in need and aquiring softbill species in need of help. I recommend the documentary "parrot confidential" on this topic. I still very much am in full support of those who care for our feathered friends well and with respect, the reason I would live to become apart of this community.

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-20-2019), Dragonlady2 (01-19-2019), kendrafitz (01-26-2019), Lady (01-23-2019), PlaxMacaws (01-20-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi Nicholas and welcome. Your birds are beautiful and what an adorable little one. How wonderful of you to help the birds that are in need. It is a great thing to do and there are many birds that require our assistance. I will take a look at the link you provided. Happy to have you here and we would love to see more pics when you get the chance

4. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-20-2019), Dragonlady2 (01-19-2019), Lady (01-23-2019), nicholastownsend (01-19-2019), PlaxMacaws (01-20-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! Your little lorikeet is gorgeous. I think as time goes on, I am hopeful that there will be more information regarding the responsibility of “owning” birds and that there will be fewer birds bred and sold. Thank you for recognizing the need to take care of the birds already here.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-20-2019), Lady (01-23-2019), nicholastownsend (01-20-2019), PlaxMacaws (01-20-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi Nick
    I hope you and your flock are coping with the heatwave I'm reading about. We get occasional news from Margaret's brother who is touring Australia in a mobile home trying to keep out of the real heat in summer and keep warm in winter.
    I am delighted to hear that you are thinking about caring for birds without proper homes. Don't forget to quarantine them properly before introducing them to your present birds. Also be prepared to say no, even if a bird is desperate, if you feel you would not be able to give it the long term care it needs.

They are lovely photos, keep 'em coming
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-24-2019), Lady (01-23-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Nick and welcome to the P.P.!

Your pics are great and so is the wanting to adopt birds who need a forever home. I look forward to hearing how things turn out for you and your flock.

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-24-2019)