User Tag List

Thread: Lovebird Types.....

Lovebird Types.....

Does anyone know what kind of lovebirds my two might be? I thought the lighter one (Stevie Nicks) was a peachface, but have seen photos online like my darker one (Bobo) labeled peachface. If I remember correctly, the girl I bought Bobo from said he was a peachface/fischer cross. The people I bought Stevie Nicks from described her as peachfaced. Can these two ever breed? Or should they? I've read that crosses are sterile, but just wanted other people's opinions/experiences.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She decided to free herself, dance into the wind, create a new language. And birds fluttered around her, writing “yes” in the sky.
    Monique Duval

2. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-13-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine,Mookie-Senegal,Bella- Australian King,Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure,Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I have no clue about mutations etc. Your breeder might be the best person to give you specific information. I suppose if they were to breed you would find out soon enough if the eggs were fertile.

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-13-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    They are very cute and wonderful colours. I wonder what their offspring would look like
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-14-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi Rachel, I have the same coloured parents. The dark green one is a standard green peachface. Fishers normally have red beaks, but from the white ring around the eye it is possibly a split fisher. The lighter one is also a peachface, but it is a mutation. Could possibly have been bred from a dutch blue. They can and will breed if they are bonded and given the proper atmosphere.
    These pictures are of the offspring of my pair.
    100_6014-1.jpg100_6085-1.jpg000_0219-1.jpg100_6418-1.jpglb3-1.jpg

Sorry for the sizes, thought I had resized all of them.
    Last edited by Quakerella; 01-18-2019 at 03:14 AM.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-17-2019), Dragonlady2 (01-17-2019), Lady (01-23-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine,Mookie-Senegal,Bella- Australian King,Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure,Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Awesome pics! Up close and personal

10. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (01-18-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I love the big pics, they are excellent, it does concern me that you may have used flash but the colours are wonderful. I am also guilty of using flash for pictures of Casper before I was aware that it can cause problems but he seems ok 6 years on.

Fluffybeak by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-17-2019), Quakerella (01-18-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Jean-Pierre I honestly don't remember, but you are more than likely correct. I did not know it can cause issues. I will try to take the pictures closer to the window during the day. I know for my cockatiels I don't use the flash because they are lutino.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-18-2019), Dragonlady2 (01-18-2019)