User Tag List

Thread: New Cage----Worried It May Not Be Right...

New Cage----Worried It May Not Be Right...

I have 2 lovebirds that I've been keeping in a tall, but not really wide or deep cage, bar spacing is 1/2". It's fine for them, but I wanted to get a larger cage.
    I found a really nice used cage that is a bit shorter, but much wider and deeper. The bars are 3/4" apart, so I looked up on That Pet Place what bar spacing is correct for lovebirds. That site said "no more than 3/4", so I bought the cage. Now I see on here and other places that lovebirds should have bars spaced no more than 5/8".
    I'm so upset and worried that I haven't moved my birds into the new cage.
    She decided to free herself, dance into the wind, create a new language. And birds fluttered around her, writing “yes” in the sky.
    Monique Duval

No worries after all!😀 Hubby said the bar spacing on the new cage is 5/8".......I never could read a tape measure correctly!😂

3. The following user likes this post:

Lady (01-23-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Lol...as long as their heads can’t fit between the bars, you should be fine. We would love to see some pics.

5. The following user likes this post:

Lady (01-23-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    The metric system is much simpler but as I understand it Americans only use it for buying drugs
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-14-2019)

have you look at Reecoupons?
    I also bought a cage from there and i quite sure you will also find a big cage for your lovebirds.

Banned

Parrots

PelewGritaBL
    How crucial is the accuracy of bar spacing for lovebirds, and are there specific consequences if it doesn't meet the recommended measurements?