User Tag List

Thread: Switching Pellets

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda

Switching Pellets

(Sorry for posting so much here!)

We're switching to a more plainly colored food to avoid the way it dyes her feces.

I'm a bit stuck between two foods right now. I don't order online, so Zupreem Natural is the one most easily available to me, and I know she eats them. She's currently on their fruit blend. However, I may be able to get Roudybush daily maintenance which I've also heard good things about. I would just compare the ingredients but to be totally honest I can't pronounce most of them for RB, so it wouldn't be fair.

I'm not sure what I'll end up with regardless (I'm just glad she's eating them, as picky as she is) but I'd still like to compare the ingredients in case I can snag some of 'whatevers better'.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-12-2019), Dragonlady2 (01-12-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Canary fanciers (that is what they call themselves) found that they can change the yellow feathers to orange by feeding the bird some spice or other.
    So having rainbow coloured poop may not be a bad thing. But you have to look at what they use to make the colours. Like the stuff that makes kids hyperactive.
    I'm sure that the added colouring is just to attract you into buying the stuff and that birds don't care as they go a lot by taste and smell. However bushes have red berries to get the birds to eat them and spread the seeds inside, so I might be wrong.

Hmm, not much useful information there. Casper likes his beige not-attractive-looking Harrison's pellets probably because of the high sunflower seed content. Its supposed to be a balanced diet plus he gets other stuff as well and he no longer has the fatty liver that he had when he came to us.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-12-2019), Lady (01-23-2019), PlaxMacaws (01-13-2019), rivx (01-12-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    No problem with posting so much. We are here to help. I use Roudybush and Zupreem, as well as TOPs. I limit the fruit blend zupreem because of dyes and sugar. I think that you will be fine with the natural zupreem if she eats them. You could always add a few fruit blend zupreem pellets to the natural to give her a treat. The new formula of Roudybush has added alfalfa and my birds like it fine. I really encourage the fresh food chop for my birds and use the pellets as supplementary food. I know Gracie is a little picky about the fresh food. I think either the zupreem natural or Roudybush would be a good choice for her.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-12-2019), Lady (01-23-2019), PlaxMacaws (01-13-2019), rivx (01-12-2019)