User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sprouting

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    Great! I've put some into her breakfast chop. I wasn't sure how to store them so I just put the jar and the bowl in the fridge, lol. Is that how it's done, or can you just pop them in a bag or something?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I just put my jars in the fridge. Just stir them around with a fork or something to keep them from clumping.

Parrots

Great! So far, she likes them. We'll get different kinds of seeds for variety, but right now she's into it. I'm really glad she's interested in something healthy.

We just stuck the jar in there and rinse her daily serving, so the jar stays dry. They're still growing in there, though, lol. Some are getting quite long.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-29-2019), Dragonlady2 (01-29-2019), Lady (02-06-2019)

Parrots

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone know if there's a certain length mung beans must be sprouted to before they can be fed? I've heard there was but I can't find it again, lol.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I am not sure myself how long the sprout should be. I’ll have to check this out

7. The following user likes this post:

rivx (03-11-2019)

Parrots

The only length I could find was a YouTuber who said 1/4", but no explanation. Mine are already way past that (they sprouted early), so I think I'm good, lol. Others seem to say it only needs a soak. Let me know if you find anything else.

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-11-2019)