User Tag List

Thread: Owls a very intelligent and good birds

Parrots

Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Small Parakeets, Parrotlets, Caiques

Owls a very intelligent and good birds

Owls are nocturnal birds. They are known as very intelligent and good birds in the Western World. As a symbol of knowledge and of erudition that can see through obscurity, the owl appears in the emblems of educational institutions, book stores and publishing houses. In Greece owls are associated with Goddess Pallas Athena/Minerva, the Goddess of Wisdom.

In India and China, owls are not liked by the people because of its demonic gaze. They consider them as the harbinger of misfortune. Owls have earned a bird name in Indian mythology and folk lore. People associate their calls with the god of death.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I love owls. Thanks for the info.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Owls are beautiful! ��

4. The following user likes this post:

CharlieMyLovebird (01-14-2023)

I still remembered when I was a kid when I accidentally saw the owl at the jungle near my house, the owl head turns like 360 and it scared the sh*t out of me, I ran away fast like the flash.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-25-2019), Lady (02-27-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    They can do this because they have twice as many neck bones as humans
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-25-2019), Lady (02-27-2019)

That's fascinating! I had no idea about the mechanics of the owl head turning. haha

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-26-2019), CharlieMyLovebird (01-14-2023), Dragonlady2 (02-26-2019), Lady (02-27-2019)