User Tag List

Thread: Me and my baby cockatiel Sargent

Threaded View

Parrots

Sargent the cockatiel

Me and my baby cockatiel Sargent

Hello,

I am a Swedish Game Graphics Production (GGP) bachelor-student in Belgium. It feels lonely in my one-room flat with high roof and a loft to sleep in, I have always had cats but my housing contract does not allow four-legged animals so after some long hard thinking I decided to get a cockatiel. After lots of searching and attempts to rescue a bird from somewhere, which proved harder than I thought which I suppose is a good thing that not a lot of birds needs to be rescued here, I found a loving breeder of cockatiels. I cannot describe enough the love he showed for his birds and how much they trusted and loved him in turn.

I brought home my baby cockatiel a few days ago. I named him, I'm guessing it is a he but truth be told I'm not sure, Sargent after the American painter John Singer Sargent.

Sargent is only 2 months old and still needs to be weaned. I have never weaned a bird before but the breeder spent time to teach me the ways, I'm stumbling about still but it's going a lot better now than it did the first day. He's eating and starting to trust me, he's just a tiny bit bitey but I try not to encourage that and I suppose biting is what babies do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SargentForum.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	5267
    Last edited by Warrior; 01-07-2019 at 11:55 AM.

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-07-2019)