User Tag List

Thread: Me and my baby cockatiel Sargent

Hybrid View

Parrots

Sargent the cockatiel

Me and my baby cockatiel Sargent

Hello,

I am a Swedish Game Graphics Production (GGP) bachelor-student in Belgium. It feels lonely in my one-room flat with high roof and a loft to sleep in, I have always had cats but my housing contract does not allow four-legged animals so after some long hard thinking I decided to get a cockatiel. After lots of searching and attempts to rescue a bird from somewhere, which proved harder than I thought which I suppose is a good thing that not a lot of birds needs to be rescued here, I found a loving breeder of cockatiels. I cannot describe enough the love he showed for his birds and how much they trusted and loved him in turn.

I brought home my baby cockatiel a few days ago. I named him, I'm guessing it is a he but truth be told I'm not sure, Sargent after the American painter John Singer Sargent.

Sargent is only 2 months old and still needs to be weaned. I have never weaned a bird before but the breeder spent time to teach me the ways, I'm stumbling about still but it's going a lot better now than it did the first day. He's eating and starting to trust me, he's just a tiny bit bitey but I try not to encourage that and I suppose biting is what babies do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SargentForum.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	5267
    Last edited by Warrior; 01-07-2019 at 11:55 AM.

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-07-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Welcome Elin and Sargent
    Sargent looks really cute, I am sure he is a great character. They do (well at least Casper does) tend to 'mouth' things, not necessarily a bite, just to identify things. It seems to be instinct because he does it even when stepping from Margaret to me just to make sure I am not a branch that is about to break.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-07-2019), Lady (01-10-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum, Elin. You have got yourself a sweetie there. Babies are so cute. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures with your new baby.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

Congratulations on you new family member. He is quite a cutie.

Parrots

Sargent the cockatiel
    Thanks for the welcome! It's an interesting journey I've started with my baby, we're both learning along the way. He's just about started flying safely on his own, albeit still a bit clumsily.

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-11-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We love pics, do keep us updated please
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-11-2019)