User Tag List

Thread: Hello

Parrots

6 parakeets at the moment. I have owned birds other than parakeets.

Hello

hi, I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Georgia. I currently own 6 parakeets. 2 Females and 4 Males. Three of them are tamed and the other 3 are not but i am currently working with them. Their names are Coco, Kiwi, Eevee, Pikachu, Kelpy, and Blueberry. I also have a dog. Her name is Lola. We hope to make new friends here. I am also searching for any bird that needs a new home. Also, I have been working with my other parakeets to try and get them tamed but everything i try isn't working. I've been working with them for almost 5 months already. Do you guys have any suggestions or methods that can help me?

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-20-2018), Dragonlady2 (12-20-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. It will be harder to train the birds if they are all out together. Try taking one bird at a time into a different room, bathroom is nice and small, and try training in there. Just a few minutes at a time. Do you use treats when training? Will they step up for you?

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-20-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi Aidee,
    I'm not able to offer advice on flock situations but just wanted to say welcome to PP.
    Helena is great at passing on her knowledge and if anyone else wants to join in that would be excellent
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-20-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hello Aidee,

Welcome. I too am a one bird guardian and don't have current experience with flocks. Nice to meet you and all your birds. I must say that as each bird is an individual, it stands to reason that getting to know each of them one on one makes perfect sense.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-23-2018), Dragonlady2 (12-23-2018)