User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Species/Breed Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    As Helena says, all parrots have their own personality and so do humans... which is why some people say a particular bird is great to have and the next person contradicts them completely. A bird will not quieten down because you yell at it to hush* up, it will join in the raucous fun with relish.

*other expletives are available
    Yes, I know when it comes to actually bring our future feathered friend home I will be quite selective in finding a bird that has chosen me. I’ve also been studying bird behavior and body language to understand how to communicate effectively. I would also never yell at a bird for being vocal. I understand it is a natural behavior and to be expected. I don’t think most people understand what a real loud bird is. My Dad’s Cockatoo Buddy, who hang from the cage upside down swinging and screaming. The only time he was quiet was if he was being held. I plan on visiting a avian rescue in the future to better understand the noise and educate myself further. Thank you so much for your comment.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-15-2018), Dragonlady2 (12-15-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Casper is usually quiet when he has got his head in the food bowl but sometimes there is some echoey muttering when he can't get to the item he wants because of all the other rubbish* we put in that needs to be chucked out first
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Casper is usually quiet when he has got his head in the food bowl but sometimes there is some echoey muttering when he can't get to the item he wants because of all the other rubbish* we put in that needs to be chucked out first
    Awe he sounds amazing!

5. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-15-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Yep, messy but amazing

Casper the destroyer by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Yep, messy but amazing

Casper the destroyer by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr
    Awe so cute! A beautiful mess he has made indeed. ☺️

8. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-16-2018)