User Tag List

Thread: Urgent found bird unsure what he is!!

Urgent found bird unsure what he is!!

I found him in my yard and he keeps following me so I've got food and water for him and he is safe but cannot find owner. What sort of bird is he?
    Attachments Attachments Snapchat-1448096797.jpg  

Snapchat-1999780418.jpg  

Snapchat-1076092775.jpg  

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    You have been chosen as the new guardian. He was obviously not getting enough attention and treats at his old home.
    Which may, or may not be true, just what he would have you believe.
    Is there a ring on a leg? The number on it might give some indication of where he was originally from. Google should be able to give more advice on this.
    Have you checked facebook to see if anyone is searching? Make sure whoever claims to be the owner can prove their ownership before letting him out of your sight.
    Others will be along with better advice shortly.
    I wouldn't advertise that you have found him or you will get all sorts of unscrupulous people claiming him in order to make a fast buck.

Whilst he is in your care he will need the right food, do you need advice or are you experienced with parrots?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Oh, and poop-off, you will need poop-off

Parrots

My brain works slower than my fingers:
    I would think that he is from a home quite local to you so you could start by making some hand bills and posting them up and down your street and the one that backs on to your yard. Don't be too specific, just put parrot found and your contact details. Let the claimer describe in detail what they have lost.
    The parrot may tell you his name shortly.
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 12-11-2018 at 10:55 AM.

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-11-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    He looks to be some kind of conure. I agree with just advertising locally that you have found him and make sure potential owners can describe him. And saying he is green is not good enough....parrot owners know every colour on their bird. There maybe a “Parrot Alert” in your area. Check on line for this. Local vets and parrot rescues are other contacts to check. Lucky for him that you found him.
    If you can’t find the owner are you going to keep him? Try feeding him chopped veggies, kale, chopped fruit etc. Pellets as well if you can locate some.

7. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-11-2018)

Parrots

Jaylin
    Have you checked online platforms like Facebook and local parrot alerts to see if anyone is searching for the missing bird?

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by ElginlRap View Post
    Have you checked online platforms like Facebook and local parrot alerts to see if anyone is searching for the missing bird?
    ElginlRap: Please have a look at the date the exchanges in this thread took place.

Thanks
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!