User Tag List

Thread: Rosie Doesn’t Like My New Hair Color

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Rosie Doesn’t Like My New Hair Color

I went to the salon yesterday and felt like a change. I gave my stylist permission to do just about whatever she wanted. She changed my color and went a bit shorter.

Rosie is NOT happy. I am assuming she thinks I have a monster on my head. She keeps pinching me to inform me of danger, or her displeasure. Or maybe both. Either way, it has been a day now. I just recorded this. After I stopped she lunged at me with her mohawk up.

I am hoping she gets used to the change soon. Otherwise I am going to be covered in bruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (11-22-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    The new do looks great Kendra!. Yeah....parrots are funny that way. Mine had a freak out when I came in wearing a hat. My cb conure is the sentinel and he informed everyone there was danger in the area. Hopefully Rosie will settle down soon.

4. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (11-22-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    The new do looks great Kendra!. Yeah....parrots are funny that way. Mine had a freak out when I came in wearing a hat. My cb conure is the sentinel and he informed everyone there was danger in the area. Hopefully Rosie will settle down soon.
    Thanks.

That’s funny. Was he the only one unhappy with the hat or was everyone worked up?

It’s so strange, I can never tell what is going to set off her danger alert. I painted my entire face orange and black for Halloween (Jack O Lantern) and she didn’t bat an eye. My reading glasses however, turn her into a lunging beast. As soon as I ask if she wants me to take them off she calms down. Since I can’t remove my hair, I am just bribing her with treats and hoping for the best.

Rosie & Kendra

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-22-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Usually my conure will set off everybody else. I wore a purple plaid shirt once and they acted like I had come into the room to kill them or something and god forbid I bring in the vacuum cleaner.

8. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (11-22-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I think your hair is lovely, tell Rosie to get over it
    I opened the thread expecting something vivid like cyan or magenta which Rosie would have felt was trying to compete with her wonderful colors.
    Casper hates red coats, not sure what that is about as he came to us at 25 years of age.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-22-2018), kendrafitz (11-22-2018)

Parrots

Rosie Doesn’t Like My New Hair Color

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    I think your hair is lovely, tell Rosie to get over it
    I opened the thread expecting something vivid like cyan or magenta which Rosie would have felt was trying to compete with her wonderful colors.
    Casper hates red coats, not sure what that is about as he came to us at 25 years of age.
    Lol. Nothing so drastic. Thank you.

I wonder if at some point a person in a red coat did something upsetting to him? Poor Casper.

Rosie & Kendra

12. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-22-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I like your new look. I don't understand why some things upset them either, and yes it seems to be the little changes more so then bigger ones except for the vacuum .

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-12-2018), Dragonlady2 (12-12-2018)