User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping Birds Together?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I have two connecting bird rooms. Once they are settled for the night, I close the door and they have peace and quiet for the night and so do I. It’s like putting kids to bed...lol

2. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-15-2019)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slide95 View Post
    All of my birds' cages are in the same room (and they all have their own cage).

That room is our spare bedroom and the reason they are in there, is that at night, it can be nice and dark for them I can close the door and that will help drown whatever noise is going on in the living room (generally TV). As well, during the day I can keep the door closed and the cat will have free range of the rest of the apartment.

While my birds aren't the biggest "friends", I do think they like having each other's company, specially while their cages.

When they come out, it's generally the 6 smaller ones in the one room and Léa will come out on her own either in another room or at a different time.
    While my birds aren't the biggest "friends", I do think they like having each other's company, specially while their cages.

When they come out, it's generally the 6 smaller ones in the one room and Léa will come out on her own either in another room or at a different time.

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-16-2019)

I think you should create 2 separate spaces for your 2 birds. Because it's really very easy to make war with each other. And these two birds have different eating patterns will cause inconvenience. I think you should keep them separate for a few weeks. It can then be more friendly and meet outside the cage. This is my opinion after having consulted through some readings

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-08-2020)

You should search and keep these two birds in 2 different cages. If you want to put it together, you have to have a big cage and a divider.
    The diet of these two birds is different. Sometimes you put it together will cause chaos and its fighting.
    Or you can separate the two birds for a while so they can get to know each other, then I think it will be better then. And you will no longer need to worry about this fight anymore.

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-10-2020)