User Tag List

Thread: Tips On Finding My Pet Bird A New Home

Parrots

Squeaker, Black Beak Caique

Tips On Finding My Pet Bird A New Home

Hello Everybody!

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I am no longer able to take care of my lovely caique. If anyone has any interest in a black beaked caique, please message me so we can chat! I can send you pictures, talk health, personality, and really anything else you'd like! Also, if you all could give me some leads on how to find a nice, safe, loving home for her, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-23-2019), rivx (03-23-2019)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello and welcome.
    Sorry to hear you have problems, do you just need a short term solution whilst you sort things out or a permanent new loving home for Squeaker?
    I think the rule that must not be broken is that you should never advertise the bird on Craigs List.
    Are there any bird shelters near you? Try asking at your vets. Bird clubs? Because talking to as many other bird owners as possible gets the word around.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-23-2019), PlaxMacaws (03-23-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Definitely check for local bird clubs and shelters. They may be able to assist in finding an appropriate home. As well, check with local breeders. I am wishing you good luck in finding a good home for Squeaker.

6. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-24-2019)

Parrots

Thanks for the reply! I haven't thought of looking at local bird breeders, so I will do so!

8. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-25-2019)

Parrots

Thank you for the reply! I'll continue to hunt down some shelters and clubs to get the word out.

10. The following user likes this post:

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    I'd also try some Facebook parrot groups for your area. I've seen some people be able to get a member to foster their bird until they were back on their feet, so that's an option as well if the situation would be temporary.

12. The following user likes this post:

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Your local pet store may have a 'sales and wants' notice board but you would have to be very careful to check out the suitability of any responders.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

It is a pity if the bird is away from a friendly owner like you. You can view the notes at the club or around the locality. Find a good new owner and love the bird. Or you can also see some of my suggestions for an outdoor home for birds. Maybe it will help you. Thank you for your attention