User Tag List

Thread: Talking Hyacinth Macaws For Sale (NIGEL)

Banned

Parrots

hyacinth Macaws

Talking Hyacinth Macaws For Sale (NIGEL)

Female hyacinth macaw 3.5 years DNA sexed closed leg ring call for more info, no time wasters!
    Her name is Nigel she is very friendly and would make a great pet, she has had some
    feather plucking however is seem to stoped since the change of location your more then welcome to visit her text us +1213-328-0222 or visit us at tonyhyacinthmacaw.ga

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nigel2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	5254

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    No time wasters!
    You are going about it all wrong. You're not selling a car pal, expect people to want to get to know what sort of person you are and whether the parrot is the right bird for them. Frankly I wouldn't even respond to your ad.
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 11-16-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

3. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-17-2018)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Tony Brooks: Where are you located? Why is the TLD country code in your email address and web URL showing as Gabon?

BTW, the domain tonyhyacinthmacaw.ga currently fails to resolve. Seemingly there's no DNS record for it. There is thus no IP associated with it ... a query to whois.dot.ga renders the following response: "
    Invalid query or domain name not known in My GA Domain Registry"
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-17-2018), Dragonlady2 (11-17-2018)

Parrots

Takes a very professional photo though

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-17-2018)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Takes a very professional photo though
    Be mindful that pet scammers often steal professional looking photos from the Internet that belong to others. But we'll give Tony Brooks a chance to reply and explain why the things I've mentioned appear as they do.

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-18-2018)

Parrots

When I googled the phone number it came up with his name and a link to a website. Clicked link with trepidation and computer advised that It was a website of doom and advised me to return to safety.

11. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-18-2018)

Parrots

Image search comes up with the same bird for sale in California, Florida and Ottawa. One of them might be genuine!

Parrots

Do not attempt to purchase a bird from theflyer.com

Administrator

Parrots

Yes, he's clearly a scammer. I found ads targeting Australia for the same bird with contact information for the same individual. Some of those ads list a "firm" price tag for "NIGEL" of $13,500.00, while others ask merely $6,500.00 for the bird. The seller's claimed location is shown to be NSW, AU on some of the ads, while it is shown as VIC, AU on others. If you ask me, that's a bit of a sloppy scam effort... especially considering that Internet ads are globally searchable.

So in summary, we've got ads for this nonexistent hyacinth macaw published by this person in which he inconsistently asserts two different states of residence in Australia. Whereas the domain for his website and email address are from Gabon, Africa, and his phone number is for Los Angeles, California. Then his connection IP (at the time of posting) returns as a proxy from Boston, Massachusetts.

I'll leave this thread intact in hopes that folks in the market for expensive birds may find it useful as an example for and warning about this type of scam.

Name:	tonybrooks_scam_2.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	5258

Name:	tonybrooks_scam_1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	5259

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2018), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2018)