User Tag List

Thread: Wanting one

Wanting one

So I’ve been doing weeks of research for this particular bird and would like to know if a “30.8 x 20.5 x 37.2" (LxWxH) is big enough for a pair of love birds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi there and welcome to PP.
    I do not have the knowledge to answer your cage suitability question but as I understand it an important factor is the spacing of the bars relative to the size of the occupants.
    If your birds are going to be kept in the cage 24hrs a day the then buy biggest cage practicable but if you plan to let them have the whole room to play in and the cage is just a safe haven whilst you are out and place to sleep then overall size is not so critical.
    Do you have a link to the cage you fancy?
    Someone will be along shortly with better help but they are probably in a different time zone to me
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-10-2018), Lady (11-16-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I agree with everything that has already been said. The size sounds fine, but it’s the bar spacing that’s important. They shouldn’t be able to get their head between the bars. Do you have the lovebirds already?

Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to ask more questions.
    Last edited by Dragonlady2; 11-10-2018 at 04:54 PM.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-10-2018), Lady (11-16-2018)