User Tag List

Thread: Cook, Portion & Freeze (for all Fids)

Banned

Parrots

Hunter (YN Amazon) - Sam (Magna DYH Amazon) - Nikolai (B&G Macaw) - Ripley (GW Macaw)

Cook, Portion & Freeze (for all Fids)

This recipe is easy to make and relished by all 4 of my fids. The quantities for the ingredients can easily be adjusted for your own needs. You can also add more ingredients if you like.

I have 4 big parrots, and this lasts me 1 month. I feed this WARM in the morning and in the evening.

Required ingredients (all pictures are just samples)

3 bags of frozen mixed vegetables

2 bags of 15-bean soup mix (remove spice pouch)

1 cup of brown or white rice

1 box of whole grain pasta

2 large zucchinis or squashes

3 large yams

Put all frozen vegetables into enormous bowl.

Put 15-bean soup mix (MINUS the spice pouch) into huge pot, fill with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 25-30 minutes, then add the rice. Boil for an additional 15 minutes and add the whole grain pasta. Boil 10 more minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly. I use bottled water for my final rinse. Add all this to the frozen vegetables.

Grate the yams and the squashes and/or zucchinis. I use this setting
    :

Place grated yams and squashes and/or zucchinis into microwavable bowl, add 1 cup of water and microwave on high for 20 minutes. Drain and let cool.

Add to bowl. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Let cool.

Place daily portions in small sandwich bags and then into gallon sized freezer bags.

Note: Squash and/or zucchini may also be added raw. Remember, you could add more ingredients, such as chopped Brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc.

Niko helping himself

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Honesty (03-06-2013), Lady (08-15-2014), Minamommy (11-18-2013), Pinkbirdy (04-21-2013), shelbyrenee1329 (04-25-2013)