For the last few months my mom has been getting into “good energy” types of things and has begun burning sage and incense. Roughly the same time my Crimson Belly Conure, Gem, has begun plucking and the last few weeks I spent at my dads and the plucking stoped. I’ve tried warning her about the potential risks but she has taken very little into consideration and responded with things along the lines of “if you miss one room it will still have negative energy and infect the rest of the house”.
She doesn’t smudge the sage anywhere and I’ve at least gotten her to burn the incense in the farthest end of the house but she still waves around the sage on a regular basis. She is a huge advocate for health and safety being a nurse but somehow she doesn’t understand how gases and vapors can still be lethal. Her main point on this is how I’ve mentioned most birds have a very weak sense of smell and if she can’t smell the smoke it can’t hurt her but always ignores my response carbon monoxide to humans and countless other odorless glasses kill us.

I do have depression and Gem is the most valuable thing in my life but my mom just wont listen. I really need advice on what to do or how to convince her to at least leave my room alone.