User Tag List

Thread: Rescued

Rescued

Hello my name is Janie and I rescued what I think is a catablu macaw very emaciated angry boy 16 he was never let out of his cage could not raise his wings due to the poop and dirt on them. I have had him for 2 weeks and he is bonded to me. I can handle him and he wants to sit on my shoulder always. He never has to go inside his cage unless I leave the house or at bed time. He was only a mere 880 grams when I bought him I'm happy to say with the correct food and vitamins he is now up to 913 grams and still growing.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-28-2018), kendrafitz (09-29-2018), Lady (09-30-2018), PlaxMacaws (09-28-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hi and welcome to the forum! Thank you for rescuing this poor bird. Did you have him vetted? We would love to see some pics.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-28-2018), PlaxMacaws (09-28-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Greetings, Janie Hall... It's awesome of you to have adopted this macaw in need! . Your words about how he was treated break my heart. Please post some photos of him and by all means keep us updated on his progress!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-28-2018), Dragonlady2 (09-28-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello and welcome and congratulations on giving a loving home to your macaw.
    We had a slightly different problem when we took in Casper, he was overweight as his diet had consisted mainly of sunflower seeds "because that is all he will eat". He is lighter now and not so fat but does like sweet things and still won't eat his veggies.
    Its lovely that your bird has bonded with you (what's his name by the way), Casper was the one that made the decision he was coming to live with us and that Margaret was his new best friend. I was only accepted and trusted about six months later. We weren't going to have any more pets!
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-28-2018), PlaxMacaws (09-29-2018)