User Tag List

Thread: Protecting your hearing aid?

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.

Protecting your hearing aid?

We have often spent hours of fun* searching for the back-piece of Margaret's earrings but until recently Casper had not noticed that I wore a hearing aid in my left ear. Of course now he knows its there he goes straight for it.
    Any hints or tips on how to stop him removing it from my head and dismantling* it?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Oh my....that’s whyI have stopped wearing earrings. Maybe if he is sitting with you and goes for the ear, you could slip a piece of cardboard or something between him and your ear. Once these birds go on a mission, it’s hard to stop or distract them. Wishing you success with this problem.

3. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-21-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    The problem is that I forget that I have it in because it is so much a part of my life. He can be on my right shoulder riding shotgun for ages before sneaking across to the other side and grabbing it out of my ear. He either throws it as far away as he can or refuses to give it back. Fortunately the only damage he has done is to the easily replaceable plastic tubing.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-21-2018), Lady (09-26-2018)