Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Hi everyone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180820_074347.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	5227

hi I every one its been a long while things got super bad for me i lost my home now live in my trailer i had family take lucky in because i simply couldnt afford it hes doing great i now live at the same place with him so i get to hang out and strenghten our bond he will be 18 in december and ill be 29 in jan a bit of sad news chewie got out and flew away never came home recent pic of me and lucky hope you all are doing better then me i may be staring a job on the 4th then i can save till my hubby gets home and i hope we can then find a place for my trailer that will allow me to have lucky

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-31-2018), Dragonlady2 (08-31-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Happy to see you back, Jen. I am so sorry to hear about Chewie. Thank goodness you were able to find a place for Lucky. Best of luck in your new job and please keep in touch to let us know how you are doing

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi Jen, its good to hear from you even if the news is only so-so. Good luck with the new job and keep counting down the days till your man comes home.
    Sad news about Chewie but Lucky is looking great.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-31-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Happy to see you back, Jen. I am so sorry to hear about Chewie. Thank goodness you were able to find a place for Lucky. Best of luck in your new job and please keep in touch to let us know how you are doing
    Thanks ya im super sad about chewie still we got pretty close as he was a super velcrow birb but guess he really wanted to fly ya lucky is and i are with some great friends that have become family lucky is still spoiled rotten lol im so happy to be close to him again i love him so much

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-31-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Hi Jen, its good to hear from you even if the news is only so-so. Good luck with the new job and keep counting down the days till your man comes home.
    Sad news about Chewie but Lucky is looking great.
    O boy ya its just a couple month till my hubby gets out i cant wait i hope lucky dosent get to jellous when he gets home lol ya im pretty tore up about chewie and thanks steve the person that is helping care for lucky loves him just like i do hes going to be sad when i have to take him back im goung to have to bring him for visits

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-31-2018), Dragonlady2 (08-31-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hi Jenn. I'm saddened to hear about Chewie. It's great to know Lucky is doing well.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

11. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-01-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We get told off by Casper if we go awol. A couple of pecks and then he might sulk for a bit. Just one of those things you have to understand and not punish them for. Human rebonding has to wait until the bird is settled. A bit like in the old days, the cavalry always fed and watered their horses first before getting their own food.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

13. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-01-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Hi Jenn. I'm saddened to hear about Chewie. It's great to know Lucky is doing well.
    Ya im sad about chewie and lucky has wore out his stay here i need to find someone that would be willing to watch hi. For a few months till im back on my feet but i dont know anyone that would do that for me my only other option would be to rehome him and i really dont want to do that but im running out of time and options

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    We get told off by Casper if we go awol. A couple of pecks and then he might sulk for a bit. Just one of those things you have to understand and not punish them for. Human rebonding has to wait until the bird is settled. A bit like in the old days, the cavalry always fed and watered their horses first before getting their own food.
    Ya well found out this morning ive got to find another place for lucky they cant handle him anymore is being naughty im sad i dont know what to do im running out oof time and options

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Contact your nearest parrot shelter to see if they can find a foster home for you. You can write up a contract stating that they are providing foster care and that you are expecting to pick him up in 4 weeks. That would give you enough time to see what you can find for him and you. If you are not ready at that time, you may be able to contract for 4 more weeks. People that have and love parrots will usually help if they can.

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-02-2018), Lady (09-02-2018)