User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi everyone

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hey Jenn,
    You both look well! I too am sorry about Chewie, I sure hope someone found him and is taking care of him. It can be difficult when we let their wings stay intact. I love Helena's suggestion, I sure hope that will work for you guys. I think I'll search the web and see if there are places for fostering parrots.
    Best wishes to you all.

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Contact your nearest parrot shelter to see if they can find a foster home for you. You can write up a contract stating that they are providing foster care and that you are expecting to pick him up in 4 weeks. That would give you enough time to see what you can find for him and you. If you are not ready at that time, you may be able to contract for 4 more weeks. People that have and love parrots will usually help if they can.
    Ive looked some places up and nothing apperntly san deigo dont have a lot to offer when it comes to birds im so stressed and sad only other thing i can think of is re homming and i really dont want to do that

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Hey Jenn,
    You both look well! I too am sorry about Chewie, I sure hope someone found him and is taking care of him. It can be difficult when we let their wings stay intact. I love Helena's suggestion, I sure hope that will work for you guys. I think I'll search the web and see if there are places for fostering parrots.
    Best wishes to you all.
    Chewie had his wings clipped he was an avid flyer tho i dont think ill be seeing him again ive looked for places and ther arnt many in sd i may have found somthing in Temecula but that like a 2 hr drive and kinda far

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh I didn't realize he was clipped.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Oh I didn't realize he was clipped.
    Ya when my friend's took him in they knew he was a flyer so clipped him that's why I don't get why he was taken outside without the harness I provided them clipped or not I super hope the same doesn't happen to lucky ....lucky is my bird chewie was supposed to be Brandon my hubby's bird he's sad about chewie too I think he thinks lucky will just be his bird now but lucky chose me.... I think lol but idk ooooo lucky is behaving now that I left my friends and he gets to stay there still for now so that's great ha ha I was told he could come here and they said that now it's no rush and he's being qite lol

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-26-2018), Dragonlady2 (09-26-2018), Lady (09-26-2018)