User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sherman's Big Adventure

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I love reading about Sherman's escapades
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-04-2018)

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    Thanks. The conure boys get out of quarantine today. They'll finally get to meet the budgies that have been yelling at them and Sherman. I wonder how Sherman will react. She's heard them over and over. How could she not? I'm concerned she'll feel threatened by them or even try to bite them through the bars.
    I've seriously considered moving the conure cage into Sherman's room. Should I?

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Some birds hate change... you put a nice expensive entertainment in their cage and they act as though it is going to kill them. So you leave it close by until they grow to accept it by familiarity.
    I would suggest this might be the way to go with introductions, although I have no experience. They might just all get on or they might form cliques and start gang wars - just like kids in a school playground
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    The Sun has clipped wings so tends to stay in a ~5' radius, but the GCC not and flies much further. The conures LOVE toys; Sherman, no. My friend that knows Glenn, IRN, and can give him meds sggested that I wait until tomorrow. I didn't mention considering moving the conures into her room.

Everybody has their own room now. Glenn's door will have to be closed when the conures are out, but he's used to that. Actually, there won't really be a change for him.

This is my thought. Move the conure cage across the room. Make sure they're back in their closed cage before opening Sherman'6s cage. Keep the conures off her cage until everyone understands how to behave.

Another option is moving the budgies into Sherman's room of the conures. Even when they are out, they prefer curtain rods and high places. In time, the conures could move in.

Of course, I could just leave everything the same, but I want to let them do more than just hear one another.
    Last edited by LesliesBabies; 08-05-2018 at 07:21 PM.