User Tag List

Thread: Unable to tame cockatiels (help please)

Unable to tame cockatiels (help please)

Hello,
    About a year ago I got two cockatiels. As much as I tried I couldn’t tame them. They have a big cage with many toys and a lot of room to move. They come out of their cage fruequently but they always stay on their cage.
    I’ve managed to get one of them on my finger once and they both eat seeds out of my hand.
    I really want to be able to tame them so they can come out of their cage and have more room to fly but for some reason it’s like they don’t want to be tamed.
    I have another bird who is in her own cage but she is very aggressive and I have a similar issue with her.

Any advice?

Thank you

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to Precisely Parrots! Do the cockatiels share a cage? If so, they will be interested in each other and not you. Try taking one out of the room and attempt to train it away from the other one. Probably 15 minutes with one, then switch and train the other one out of the room. Try this daily for a while to see if there is any improvement.
    What kind of bird is the other one that is aggressive and how old?

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (07-25-2018), Quakerella (07-28-2018)