User Tag List

Thread: Thinking of purchasing Green-Cheek Conure

Cool Thinking of purchasing Green-Cheek Conure

Hello! I posted a thread asking for GCC advice in the "General Bird Discussion" forum, but I decided to repost it in a more appropiate forum.

I'm very close to purchasing a GCC but am still in search of tips and tricks for raising them. If anyone has any general advice based on personal domestic bird-owning experience even remotely relating to GCC care, I would be very grateful for it!

Thanks for your time.

-Icy

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    I replied under GENERAL BIRD DISCUSSIONS and just wanted to follow you over.

You asked about "constant attention." I fear you misunderstood. The new bird will WANT to be around you constantly, but that doesn't mean you must abide by his wishes. Also, HE will think that when he's not preening himself, that HE thinks you should preen him. HE will also think anything on your plate is his. He thinks anything you do will only be better with his help. The list goes on.

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-24-2018), Dragonlady2 (07-24-2018)

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    Make sure you still read the posts in GENERAL BIRD DISCUSSIONS!