User Tag List

Thread: When the kids are away....

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

When the kids are away....

Both of my kids have flown the coop this week. My son is on a service trip in the Appalachian mountains and my daughter is at a sleep away musical theater camp.

It just so happens that our contractor picked the last few days to rip apart my master bath. (We had a massive leak from my shower about 6 months ago which caused horrific damage. It has taken until now for the contractor to start work - crazy!) Anyway, since the demo started Jef, Rosie, the dogs and I have been sleeping in our basement. It’s finished but not the best nights sleep for any of us.

But as of today there are two bedrooms on the opposite side of the house from the demo vacant. So I have set Rosie and I up to sleep in my daughters room and Jef and the dogs up in my sons room.

Perfect timing if you ask me!!

Please excuse the mess. My daughter was packing up until this morning so it’s a bit upside down. Rosie and I will take it anyway - life is good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-23-2018), Dragonlady2 (07-23-2018), Lady (07-25-2018), PlaxMacaws (07-23-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Rosie seems to have managed the transition.

Renovations are a pain, but the result will be worth it. Enjoy the break from the kids.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-23-2018), Lady (07-25-2018), Quakerella (07-28-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I expect Rosie will handle it all fairly well as long as she has her servant (you) close at hand, Kendra
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-23-2018), Dragonlady2 (07-23-2018), kendrafitz (07-23-2018), Lady (07-25-2018), Quakerella (07-28-2018)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I have to say she has been awesome. She will sleep anywhere without a complaint. I was worried last night because she was on a low tree. But she was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-23-2018), Lady (07-25-2018), PlaxMacaws (07-23-2018), Quakerella (07-28-2018)