User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Hybrid View

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels

Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Meet Topaz (Blue Quaker) and Pearl (Lutino Cockatiel)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	topazpearl.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	5213

Both of these little ones hatched June 9 my birthday.
    How could I possibly give them up.

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-09-2018), Dragonlady2 (07-08-2018), kendrafitz (07-14-2018), Lady (07-15-2018), plax (07-09-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.

The babies look super sweet...great birthday present to yourself

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-09-2018), Lady (07-15-2018), Quakerella (07-09-2018)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Happy (belated) combined Hatch/Birthday to all three of you, Rosalyn
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-09-2018), Dragonlady2 (07-09-2018), Lady (07-15-2018), Quakerella (07-09-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Thank you both very much. It was a very pleasant surprise. I am glad only two birds hatched that day.

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-09-2018), Dragonlady2 (07-09-2018), Lady (07-15-2018), PlaxMacaws (07-09-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Congratulations. Margaret says it looks as if they're in for a life of prickly scratchy feathers and she hopes they know
    I see Topaz has a ring already, how does that happen so quickly?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-09-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Congratulations. Margaret says it looks as if they're in for a life of prickly scratchy feathers and she hopes they know
    I see Topaz has a ring already, how does that happen so quickly?

Thank you, I get the odd "What are you doing?" squawk right not when I pick them up. Won't last for too long though.

Are you referring to the band on the foot? If so, they are banded at about 10 days old. After that they are too big and the band will not go over the foot.
    Last edited by Quakerella; 07-09-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post

Are you referring to the band on the foot? If so, they are banded at about 10 days old. After that they are too big and the band will not go over the foot.
    Thank you for the explanation, I had never considered that they would have to grow into them, never even thought about it till now. Do you wait until the chick hatches before sending for the band or do you have a drawer full of bands registered to your address.
    This leads to all sorts of possibilities like with car and plane registrations having personalised tags. (I know of someone who had a Swiss registered plane with the callsign H-BOMZ.)

13. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-10-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

I order my leg bands at the beginning of the year. I only let my birds have two clutches per year so I have an idea of how many I will use. The bands take 6 - 8 weeks to get because I have my own code and bird number on them, also I believe the AACC order them from England. They are a different colour every year so if you are a large breeder you can re-use a number, but the colour tells the year. I usually make sure I order extra just in case an extra clutch arrives.

I know of someone who had a Swiss registered plane with the callsign H-BOMZ
    This would be a good name for the baby quakers, right now I call them my poop-squad.

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-10-2018), Dragonlady2 (07-10-2018), Lady (07-15-2018), PlaxMacaws (07-15-2018)

Parrots

17. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-10-2018), Lady (07-15-2018), PlaxMacaws (07-15-2018), Quakerella (07-15-2018)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Happy Belated Birthday!! What an awesome present to yourself. They are adorable!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

19. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-14-2018), Lady (07-15-2018), PlaxMacaws (07-15-2018), Quakerella (07-15-2018)