User Tag List

Thread: Cage setup

Cage setup

Here are a few pics of our cage setup. We are bringing our BH caique home tomorrow! Will post some photos tomorrow or Tuesday.

Skip
    Attachments Attachments cage setup.jpg  

cage setup_2.jpg  

cage setup_3.jpg  

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-08-2018), Dragonlady2 (07-08-2018), kendrafitz (07-14-2018), Lady (07-15-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    The cage looks great. The only potential issue would be the happy hut. I have read a number of stories of birds either chewing the fabric or getting caught on loose threads. An alternative might be a wreath of some kind. My conure likes to hunker down on his wreath....sometimes I have to move it just to make sure he is there.
    It's so exciting to get a new bird...you will soon have a bunch of stories to share.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-08-2018), Lady (07-15-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Just see how he gets on in the cosy nest. You can always take it out if it starts getting chewed. Casper has two perches at the top of the cage where he prefers to sleep and each of them has a piece of fleece for him to cosy up to. He never chews them and we have a spare pair to swap over every now and then for washing.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-09-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Very inviting and colorful. He will have plenty to do to keep him interested.