User Tag List

Thread: My crow 'Micro' passed a week ago

Hybrid View

Parrots

Crow

My crow 'Micro' passed a week ago

I lost my American crow a week ago. She was 13 years. She was my sweetest angel and most precious friend. Her name was Micro.

I'm devastated and struggling... really need someone to talk to who has experienced incredible loss and guilt. I have questions about dealing with grief, and do I get another baby girl? Maybe chat on discord or something?

If you have something you can share with me, please do.

Kind regards

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010017.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	5208

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Crows are amazing birds so I can understand how how you will be missing and grieving for her. Relationships with birds are very different than with other animals. Just my opinion and I have had a number of different pets over the years. They become companions and losing one is like losing a family member. You use the word guilt...why do you feel guilty?
    As to getting another crow, you will know when you are ready to move on.

3. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (07-03-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hello crowman. I'm saddened to learn of your loss. Clearly, Micro was a wonderful companion. She will live on in your heart!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-03-2018)

Parrots

Crow
    I changed her environment by having the window open in her room. I kept checking room temperature during the day, but it got unexpectedly hot much later in the day. She's always had unfettered access to the entire house, but her being a creature of habit, didn't realize it was too hot for her and she stayed in her room, yet is was just 69-70 degrees in the next room. It was too late before I realized the issue. She got heat stroke.

I am so devastated and angry with myself.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Aw....that's so unfortunate. You obviously did not do this on purpose. Try to shut the door on the guilt because it will prevent you from remembering what a wonderful friend she was.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (07-04-2018), PlaxMacaws (07-03-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Crowman,
    I too am sorry for the loss of your sweet friend. Grief is a process that we all go through when we loose a love one. It takes ti me to heal but like Dragonlady2 has already said it would be best if you could put the guilt aside, but I believe it is also part of the healing process and you will heal in time. Stay strong.

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-04-2018)