User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad smell?

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi JustCockatiels
    I am glad that she is fine now but can you tell us more about the smoke you mentioned in your last post?
    You are probably already aware that birds have quite complicated and delicate breathing systems as they use the cavities in their bones to store air for when they are flying.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Hi JustCockatiels
    I am glad that she is fine now but can you tell us more about the smoke you mentioned in your last post?
    You are probably already aware that birds have quite complicated and delicate breathing systems as they use the cavities in their bones to store air for when they are flying.
    My father-in-law had set up a tiki torch to move flies away. He was constantly getting in and out from the sliding glass door. She might have picked it up from that, because nobody that lives near us smoke.

But I don’t think that was the case, because she smelled as if someone had vomited on her. The smell was also stronger on her back than her chest.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    I wish my bird loved baths that much. She really, REALLY hates them.

6. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-16-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I am glad it cleared up for you. Female cockatiels will have watery and very strong smelling droppings during breeding season. I clean my cockatiels cage twice a day during this time.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-16-2018), Dragonlady2 (06-15-2018), Lady (06-17-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by JustCockatiels View Post
    I wish my bird loved baths that much. She really, REALLY hates them.
    That is the only sort of bath that Casper likes - a very fine mist. He hates paddling in the bath and the heavier flow from the shower outlet. It took ages for us to find out and we only tried the mister because of the helpful advice I received on here
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 06-16-2018 at 09:29 AM.

10. The following user likes this post:

Lady (06-17-2018)