User Tag List

Thread: Hello!

Parrots

Winston (Cockatiel)

Cool Hello!

Hello! My name is Jaye, and I have a precious baby cockatiel named Winston. He's my first ever bird in the parrot family, and I love him loads. That being said, I run a small part-time business of house visits for animal care, and I have experience with more than 70 species of animals - including experience with hundreds of birds. When I was growing up, my parents had an African Grey that they had to rehome because our dogs were stressing her out.

As a crazy bird lover, I'm excited to be on this forum! And of course, I can't wait to learn more about birds.

Also, I'm struggling to figure out how to change my profile picture (if anyone wants to share).

Here is me with Winston! (I also have a speckled sussex chicken named Agathe, but she lives outside with her flock).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	5200

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-10-2018), Lady (06-13-2018), PlaxMacaws (06-10-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello Jaye and welcome to PP.
    That's a lovely picture of you and Winston, I'm looking forward to hearing about how you two get on as Winston grows up.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-10-2018), Lady (06-13-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hi Jaye. Thanks for joining us! Great to hear about Winston and your experience and interests

As for uploading a profile photo, click on Settings (at the top right corner of the page) > On the left-hand sidebar, locate My Settings and select Edit Profile Picture > Use Option 2 to select your preferred image locally (maximum profile image size is 100 x 100 pixels) and then upload/save it.

Please let us know if something's not working.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-10-2018), Lady (06-13-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hi Jaye, welcome to the forum! Great pic of you and Winston. Looking forward to hearing more about him.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (06-13-2018), PlaxMacaws (06-11-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    HI Jaye and Winston,
    Nice to see you both. How wonderful that Winston has a harness and can go out with you in nice weather! What made you choose a cockateil or did Winston pick you?

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-13-2018)