Hi,

My pet conure is having random seizures off late. She will fly off her cage in fear and once on the ground will start to blink her right eye and kick her right foot uncontrollably. After a couple of seconds this will be over but she wont have any feeling or strengt in her right leg for a minute or two.

After the first one we went to the vet straight away. A blood test showed a bit to high white blood-cell count so we started giving her antibiotics.

Instead of improving it seems to be getting worse. The last time it happened I managed to film the end for showing the vet ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKR5uZpBuFE). They want to start with epilepsy medicine now but i'm not all that sure that would solve the underlying problem.

Has anyone seen this before and knows what to do about it? I'm getting pretty desperate here..

Some extra info;
• The frequency seems to be two-three times a week but seeing as we both work this can be a lot more
• After and between attacks she seems just fine like always. She eats, preens and plays like always.
• We feed her pellets with the occasional sunflower seed as reward.
• We feed her cooked pasta and rice without salt or sauce when we eat it for supper.
• We feed her fresh fruit or smoothies when we have it to
- Offcourse with safe vegetables and fruits
• She is kept in a cage with another green cheek, they get along fine and like each other very much tough the other one has much more energy then her and this means she sometimes doesn't get left alone when she wants to be.
• I've checked the cage for damages, there are none.
• I've checked their toys for metals, only a couple of standard birdtoy rings and clasps are used but most of it I fastened with zip ties. According to the vet it couldn't be metal poisoning anyway.